In order to eradicate the Iodine deficiency among the rural mass living under below poverty line.
- TNSC is distributing the Iodised Salt through the PDS at an affordable cost. MRP is fixed at Rs.2.50 per Kg.
- Iodised salt/Iodised refined free flow salt is being distributed to the PDS in Tamil Nadu, Andhra Pradesh and Puducherry covering 42 million populations.
- To eradicate Iodine and Iron deficiencies among the school going children, TNSC is plays a major role in health programme of the government by supplying the Double Fortified Salt (DFS) to all districts in Tamil Nadu through PT MGR Noon Meal Programme at the rate of 1.9 gm/child/day covering for a total number of one million children beneficiaries under this scheme.
- The TNSC has taken up implementation of Namak Mazdoor Avas Yojana Scheme (NMAY)-a welfare Oriented housing scheme for the salt workers of Mariyur Valinokkam Salt Complex (MVSC) sanctioned by Salt Department, Government of India at a cost of Rs.1.25 Crores for the construction of 250 houses.
- Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) is taken by the Corporation to neutralise, minimise or offset the harmful effects caused by its processes and product-usage; and use its resources, core competence, skills, location and funds for the benefit of people and the environment. The Corporation has already supporting salt workers' co-operatives in other areas which could not be monetised. In the years to come, TNSC would like to take up activities such as:
- Drinking Water facilities (desalination plant).
- Educational Awards to the best Students.
- Students adoption Programme.
- Education Loans.
- Jetty for fishermen.
- Health Support.
towards discharging its Corporate Social Responsibility by incurring an expenditure of Rs.5 (Five) lakhs.