15 copies of application, indicating name and address of the applicant, status of the promoter along with a project report covering the following particulars may be submitted to the Chief Secretary of the State:
- Location of the proposed Zone with details of existing infrastructure and that proposed to be established;
- Its area, distance from the nearest sea port / airport / rail / road head etc.
- Financial details, including investment proposed, mode of financing and viability of the project.
- Details of foreign equity and repatriation of dividends etc., if any
- Whether the Zone will allow only certain specific industries or will be a multi-product Zone.
The State Government shall, forward it along with their commitment to the following to the Department of Commerce, Government of India:
- That area incorporated in the proposed Special Economic Zone is free from environmental restrictions;
- That water, electricity and other services would be provided as required;
- That the units would be given full exemption in electricity duty and tax on sale of electricity for self generated and purchased power;
- To allow generation, transmission and distribution of power within SEZ;
- To exempt from State sales tax, octroi, mandi tax, turnover tax and any other duty/cess or levies on the supply of goods from Domestic Tariff Area to SEZ units;
- That for units inside the Zone, the powers under the Industrial Disputes Act and other related labour Acts would be delegated to the Development Commissioner and that the units will be declared as a Public Utility Service under Industrial Disputes Act.
- That single point clearances system and minimum inspections requirement under State Laws/Rules would be provided.
The proposal incorporating the commitments of the State Government will be considered by an Inter-Ministerial Committee in the Department of Commerce. On acceptance of the proposal, a letter of permission will be issued to the applicant.